BECOMING THE DIGITAL INFLUENCER OF PARK SLOPE THROUGH ONLINE NEIGHBORHOOD GUIDE.
We don't want to come up online only when people are searching for auto services in the area, we want to come up when people are searching for anything in this area.
This is a marketing strategy utilized by savvy Realtors and Brokerages, as a way to become "digital mayors" of the cities/towns/neighborhoods they serve.
This is marketing meant to increase our brand's awareness by playing the long game. Not geared towards prospective customers who are looking for services we offer in the immediate future. Rather, creating awareness and building trust within the community over time so that when this audience does need the services we offer, we will be at the top of their minds.
A short-sighted error we should avoid is to not view this as a priority just because it is not geared towards attracting prospects who are immediately looking for the services we offer. If we do, then we're relegating ourselves to the same course & cycle we're on now where few months or a year down the road we're still posting same auto-centric-only content (pics, blogs, etc).
THE 3 BENEFITS
1. POINT OF DIFFERENTIATION, UNIQUENESS
- Standing out from the competition by doing something no other competitor is doing.
- Positions us as a player in this community on a much larger scale.
2. CREATING BROADER AWARENESS WITHIN THE COMMUNITY
- Creating value for the neighborhood beyond our core competency and therefore building trust and increasing awareness for our shop without direct self-promotion, hard-selling, or "interruption marketing" (online banner ads).
- Drawing bigger audience to our shop through content & keywords not related to auto services.
3. TURN LOCAL BUSINESSES INTO OUR INFLUENCERS
- Tap into social media audiences of Park Slope community's local small businesses who are not competitors.
- By forming relationships with local businesses through this online guide, we will look to be promoted by partnering businesses to their audiences. AKA free advertising to our target audience.
- Get backlinks from their websites to ours to increase our ranking.
HOW WE'LL GROW THIS SITE AND USE IT TO OUR ADVANTAGE
- Curate small local businesses for each business category on the site (restaurants, salons, etc) and list them on the site.
- Reach out to the businesses we feature on the site, introduce ourselves, make them aware we're promoting them on our site (asking for nothing in return at this stage), and look to schedule a drop-in by me to record the business owners on video giving a short 30-second story of their business and what sets them apart.
- Collect as many of the videos from local businesses as possible and post them on our site with their business listing to increase search engine rankings.
- Post blogs about neighborhood regularly.
- Over time, reach out to the businesses we feature once we've established rapport/relationship with them and ask for backlinks to our site from their website and mentions on their social media channels.
- Ak each local business owner to guest-blog on our guide's blog.
Our proposition to the businesses
- Exposure AND help them marketing themselves by guiding them on blog strategy & doing video production for them (video content which will live on our site/platform)